There’s only one place in Wichita where you’ll find 15 restaurants, another 15 drinking establishments, and more than 30 shops and galleries: Old Town.
And Podstock is right in the middle of all of it! So when the day is over and you’re looking for a great place to hang out, network with new friends or grab a quick drink, Old Town is the place to be.
You can stay at the Hotel at Old Town Wichita for two weeks and eat at a different restaurant every night. The neighborhood is a culinary wonderland where the flavors vary from German to Latin, sushi, Mediterranean, Italian, Mexican, and good old American burgers and steaks. For dessert there’s Old Mill Tasty shop for a sundae or gelato at Caffe Moderne. And it’s all within a two-block radius of the hotel.
Live music is common in restaurants, bars, and out on the Farm & Art Market Plaza. On a grander scale you can attend concerts at the 15,000 seat Intrust Bank Arena, which is just six blocks away, but if you don’t feel like walking, you can always hop on a trolley.
In fact, trolleys run from Old Town to the west end of downtown and the river where you can hop off and visit Exploration Place or take in a Wichita Wing Nuts baseball game.
Events have a long history in Old Town:
- In April there’s the Winefest Walkabout
- Every Saturday morning from May to September the Farmer’s Market operates right next door on the plaza
- In the summer there’s the Summer Concert Series and Automobilia Car Show
- In the fall there’s Old Town’s longest-running event, the Chili Cook Off
- We also mark the first Friday of each month with live entertainment throughout the neighborhood and Final Friday with a gallery and art studio crawl
Here of some links to area attractions that will help you plan your trip to Old Town: